I just wonder sometimes...you think things are going well and BAM...you hit the wall. What the heck was that and why did it have to happen!?!?!
Our cat, Gus-Gus, whom has been with me since right before I moved to Garfield County was acting strangely last night. I know he has been totally cuddly with me and so WASN'T when I was pregnant with Shelby so I have been wondering when he will be pouncing on me. Well last night I went to cover up and turn over to get to bed and my blanket was wet. I looked at Brad and asked if he felt it....he looked at Gus-Gus and he was "leaking" like he had just peed. WHAT!!!! Talk about a pregnant women jumping out of bed pretty quick--without falling over--takes some talent in my opinion. I gave Brad this look (FYI it was like 10:30 by this point) and said maybe I should call Beck. So I woke her up to find out what to do--gotta love having the Vet Tech in the fam. I am still truly sorry for waking you though!! LOVE YA!
I was on the phone with her explaining what we found....he had wet Brad's blanket too, but we just didn't know when. I look at Gus and he is totally relaxed and Brad was petting him----He starts peeing again-on the top of the bedspread!! Before Brad got him in the bathroom he had probably peed about 1/8 cup on the bed....4 more times in the bathroom on the floor (no not the toilet) before we went to bed. He was very unhappy. I know at one point around 4:00 am I went to the bathroom myself--not on the bed though--and was petting him and he just peed--no warning or anything.
Needless to say, I am very perplex about it and am thinking the worst! I told Brad that if I did that I wouldn't be disappointed if it was really bad, but would be relieved if it was better news. I am thinking incontinence, but cancer is in the back of my mind too. Beck said he could be plugged and possibly have Kidney stones. I love my cat dearly...have had him for 7 years now since he was a kitty. BUT, I don't think I can spend a TON of money on meds and such for him. I can't see him suffer. He is known in the family as the "Psycho Cat"....he hates people. Doesn't even like Shelby--he hissed at her this AM while she went potty on the toilet--she was too close to him I guess. I just don't know...I didn't sleep well with all the thoughts running through my mind, then the cat frantically trying to escape the bathroom. Beck hasn't called yet with news, but I hope it will be okay. Of course I told Brad last night too that it may be better this way than having a massive heart attack when we bring the new baby home. He hid from Shelby for weeks after we brought her home. Gotta try to find the humor in things or I will break down (not that the hormones have anything to do with it too)!
I will keep you posted on how Gus-Gus is doing (for those of you wondering on the name...he was originally named for Gus on Lonesome Dove, but it got changed rather quickly with his shyness to Gus-Gus from Cinderella....you know the fat, shy mouse that was in the trap.....that is how our Gus-Gus is, only not as friendly, but definitely feisty!) I hope everything will be okay...either way it goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment