I thought I would update those of you that still read this once in a while. :-)
We took Alexis to an ENT yesterday to have her ears checked....she isn't talking very well at all and the teacher in me is quite concerned plus she has been having repeat ear infections since the end of October and of course last spring she had 3 consecutive ones also. I had wanted tubes then, but we waited (wish I hadn't now), but finally got the referral in and he said she definitely needs them. She has severe hearing loss in both ears at this point-she failed the test pretty bad for being so young. He didn't even really have to look in her ears to know for sure, but Lo and Behold she has an infection in her left ear still (even after taking her meds for her sore). He wished he could have done it yesterday, but there was no way to get into surgery. So, we are going in on Monday morning for surgery. They want us to stay overnight, but we are hoping and praying it helps her hearing. He wants to do a 6 week check and it sounds like it is standard to do 6 month checks afterward until the tubes come out or are ready to come out--way different this go round than Shelby's was, but that was 5 years ago. LOL We will go back in March for another Audiology Test and a checkup--hopefully her hearing has improved by then or we will possibly have to look at other things. It's been very stressful, but I am so glad that someone finally listened and agrees that tubes were needed long ago. We are just using Tylenol to keep her pain down, but we didn't realize she still had an infection...she gets fussy once in a while, but no fever...she was tugging at her ears, but she does that normally anyways. We shall see and I will keep you posted on how things go next week. Shelby is rather upset that she can't go, but Brad has to work next week and since we have done this before I told him to stay home plus Shelby won't miss anymore school. We will go up on Sunday night and stay til Tuesday....may find a cheap hotel to stay at so we can just veg and she can rest afterward....I remember Shelby was really sleepy all day before we came home...then again they aren't alike in most ways, so Alexis could be a total bear about it all, or even better...want to go shopping. LOL
Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. THANKS!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment