October 29, 2009

Work is over-rated

So I am officially back to work now.....not that I want to be though. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my job, but I wish I had more time at home with the girls. I get to bring Alexis with me for now, but I can't believe that time is dwindling faster than I want it to!!! She will probably be going to daycare after Christmas Break, or very soon afterwards. I am dreading that day, so I won't talk about it anymore.
Been a busy couple of weeks.....I went back to work last week, but was not in the office for more than 30 minutes any given day. Poor Alexis was in her car seat quite a bit. The County Nurse and I went to the Country Schools (still have one to get to) to do eye checks and fall evaluations. Then we had Doctor Appointments and I had a meeting. Not to mention on that Tuesday, Alexis had her 2 month shots, then on Wednesday we all went in and Brad, Shelby and I got our H1N1 shots and Shelby and I got our seasonal flu shots too. Shelby went last, which may not have been the best thing, but she did good. She hates shots and says that is why she is not going to school next year, but she doesn't realize she doesn't have a choice. Once the weekend came, I was relieved to stay home. this weekend was opening weekend for hunting season, so Brad went out on Saturday to get a head start. Didn't help him much since he didn't see anything on Sunday. The Girls and I ventured out early on Sunday to get to the Fall Bazaar at the Hall....we met up with Marisa and her baby, Everett. That was fun, but we came home and vegged out watching movies the rest of the day. This week has been better and Alexis is such a good baby here at work. She slept a whole 8 hours last night, so I freaked out a bit by 5:00 when she hadn't woke up yet. She finally ate at 6:00 and has been sleeping since and we are just past 9:30 already. I think she has hit another growth spurt! She has started talking more and really loves smiling. Whenever she hears Shelby's voice she gets to looking around wondering where she is. The are for sure two peas in a pod!
We will be heading out to go Trick-or-Treating this weekend. I believe Shelby will be a Clown and Alexis will be a pumpkin. It will be fun, but Brad has already said he gets to drive this year while I take the Girls to the houses....that is fine with me I need the exercise anyways. Then on Sunday we will be heading to Great Falls....I have to be in Helena on the 3rd for a Committee meeting, so Shelby will be staying with Papa and Grandma and Alexis will be going with me. We will head back to Jordan on that Wednesday. I don't want to try to drive the whole way with both Girls---especially since Alexis will need to eat. I better get going and get Alexis up to eat!

No comments: